Our Family

Welcome to our blog. We hope you will enjoy keeping up with our full and exciting lives. Please if you visit feel free to tell us how much you love us by commenting on the posts. ;) That is the kind way of saying stop stalking and start talking!

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

31 Going on 13

Do you ever have days when you wish you could be thirteen again (Or at least without cares, worries or responsibility)? Today is one of those days for me. This is what I have done so far:


  • slept in until 7:30 AM

  • read scriptures, said prayers

  • got 2 kids ready for school, fed them all

  • had morning devotional with 3 kids

  • sent 2 kids off to school driving one of them
  • checked my email and grocery sales for the week while listening to the new Jessica Simpson album, "Do You Know" listen to it here. (I love Come On Over, Pray Out Loud, Still Beautiful, Don't You Know, Man Enough, You're My Sunday, Might As Well Be Making Love)

  • cried to my mom about how tired, stressed and anxiety ridden I feel but don't know why-I hate being female sometimes!

  • talked to a friend, returned her book

  • talked to another friend, cried, laughed, loved, and forgave

  • started blogging to escape and do something that I actually enjoy

  • shared my Razzle candy with my undressed 3 year old who is asking for me to get her dressed

  • talked to another friend

  • sitting here realizing that venting and doing nothing actually feels very good and healing, thinking I probably should get in the shower or at least put a bra on before I go to pick up my kindergartner

  • trying to decide what else I can do that will help me get in touch with my irresponsible self while still being a mom and loving each minute I get to spend with my kids. Maybe a movie and popcorn with candy for lunch doesn't sound too bad!

If your having one of those days too call me up, bring your favorite flic, food and lets chill out together, I may even share my Razzles with you!

2 comments:

Alisha and Josh said...

You are amazing Shauny- so glad that the Lord brought us together so many years ago. What do you do with morning devotionals? Keep up the great work! love ya, lish

Shauntell said...

Lish, You ar so kind thanks for leaving a note. Our morning devotionals are this: Prayer, recite/memorize an Article of Faith(I do 1 amonth and work on it ever time) then we read scriptures. Each person takes a turn. When it is Maya's or Zach's day I read it but they repeat what I say and I use their finger to follow the words. I also only have the little kids read 2 or three verses. This has worked for us for a year now. It has been very fulfilling and certainly blessing our home with peace and kindess as well as a love for the things of the gospel.