Our Family

Welcome to our blog. We hope you will enjoy keeping up with our full and exciting lives. Please if you visit feel free to tell us how much you love us by commenting on the posts. ;) That is the kind way of saying stop stalking and start talking!

Thursday, April 17, 2008

What kids teach you

I had a thought today while I was conversing with one of the kids trying to convince them to do what I asked them to. I was wondering if I was alone in doing this. Here's how the conversation went: my thoughts are represented with the*

Me- You need to get dressed so you can go to school.
Z- I don't want to get dressed (stomping his feet)
Me - You'll miss school and I know you love school
*I know this is my fault because I was on the computer all morning so I need to remain calm
Z-I don't want to get dressed or go to school
Me-Come on I know you will enjoy school once you get there. Would you like me to pick out your clothes?
*I have so much to do today plus I spent 75 bucks for you to go to school. Maybe I don't care if you go in your PJ's, Ugh, I really shouldn't have been blogging this morning, Isn't this what Elder Ballard talked about in Conference! I need to get better at this mom thing.
Z-Okey Dokey mom (gets dressed with mismatched clothes and comes back)
*How funny is this. I do the same thing to Heavenly Father. He says you need to do this I say I don't want to. He gently repeats the request and how many times do I say I don't want to or I don't feel like it or I can't because I am not strong enough, smart enough, etc. My kids are great examples in that they do give in and do what I asked them to do. How funny the things I learn because of my kids.

No comments: