Our Family

Welcome to our blog. We hope you will enjoy keeping up with our full and exciting lives. Please if you visit feel free to tell us how much you love us by commenting on the posts. ;) That is the kind way of saying stop stalking and start talking!

Sunday, June 1, 2008

Zach 2008 Soccer Season

The soccer season is officially over for Zach. He has been waiting for 4 years to play. It was fun for all of us to watch him. He would smile and giggle the whole time he was running and bunching up with the rest of the kids each trying to get their shot at the ball. Some of our most memorable moments are:



-Zach getting his first goal and earning $2- 1 from us, and 1 from Grandpa O



-Zach learning that winning does not consist of pushing the other team down on the field. Really this was quite embarrassing! The other team had a kid that was strong arming our kids. Zach, having not played before had no idea this was wrong, instead thought it was part of the game. When Russ and I both saw him knock down a girl, then another player, then another we where mad! Russ went to one end of the field to pull him out. Luckily for Zach he ended up closer to me so I yelled at him from the sidelines, not knowing Russell's intentions, and told him that if he did that one more time I would pull him out and how he would not finish the game. Crisis was adverted. Never again did he raise his fore arm to another player.



-Zach getting a trophy for being the "Quietest Player on the Team".



I am glad the season is over and that there was not one game played in the snow or other extreme weather. Thanks coach Acebal for all of your hard work and especially the fun that your team had this year.

2 comments:

Megan and Jon said...

Quietest player, Silently aggressive. How cute I can imagine you and Rush just dying on the sidelines.

Nyman's said...

I'm so glad I happened upon your blog. I'm glad your back in the valley. Keep me posted if you ever want to do the biatholon (not sure on spelling)