Day Two was exciting because we got to use our new Camp Chef Cooker for breakfast, lunch and dinner. We bought it earlier in the week for an amazing price. We went out to go fishing with our new poles very fancy I might add. Nothing beats SpongeBob Squarepants and Transformers kids fishing poles. One great advantage with them is that they float! That came in handy as Zach dropped his in the lake. It was true to form and floated! We went on a short drive to Tony Grove where we spent the afternoon fishing. No success was success in my book because then I didn't have to cook and eat them!
Russ used our dutch oven that my dad gave us for our wedding almost 13 years ago to make the best ribs and potatoes. For dessert we tried to make campfire eclairs as found on this website. Just between you and me I really think that this recipe is a total urban legend and can not actually be accomplished. We could not even get the rolls to cook over the fire they just burned. It was a major disappointment for all of us!
We all slept better due to the fact that I found a package of benedryl in the van and coaxed Maya into swallowing one of them. I took the other on to ensure I would got some sleep too. Good thing I did because of the good rest I got I was able to be patient enough to deal with Maya as she was awake 3 times that night and AJ who had to go to the bathroom just as I got settled back into bed and warmed up again. Doesn't camping sound so fun?
10 years ago



1 comment:
Bendryl, Love it. We camped this weekend and Bendryl would have been so welcome. So welcome by us all.
Post a Comment