Our Family

Welcome to our blog. We hope you will enjoy keeping up with our full and exciting lives. Please if you visit feel free to tell us how much you love us by commenting on the posts. ;) That is the kind way of saying stop stalking and start talking!

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Gratitude Journal- July

1

  • Today I got a priesthood blessing. I felt both gratitude and the love of the Lord because of this experience.


2

  • I am grateful for smiles! I experimented today with smiles. I decided that while I drove home from Smithfield I would smile. I did not know what a smile can do for you! I was almost moved to tears because it felt so good. Try the next time you get a chance.


Here are some smiles I love






  • I felt love today during the calm and peaceful time Russ and I spent in the temple.


3




  • I felt the love of the Lord today through my tears. That sounds weird but I know that I felt His loving arms around me while I cried both in frustration and just to get the emotions out. I could sense His sympathy and care.

  • I am so grateful that Russ has a day off Tomorrow. I can't wait to spend time with him and our family. We don't spend enough time together. Russ and I seem to make ourselves busy either helping others or doing our own thing, errands, cleaning, yard work, etc. I look forward to not just being in the same general area but actually spending time, getting to know our children, having them get to know each other and making memories that will last for a life time. My hope is that most of their memories are happy ones!


4

  • I am thankful for the happy peaceful time we spent as a family. Our family gets along very well.

  • I felt the love of the Lord again in a natural, peaceful sense that He is there and that we are moving forward.


5

  • I am thankful for quiet time, time to reflect, refill, and renew.

  • I felt the love of the Lord today through the strength he gave me to overcome myself.


6

  • I am thankful for the power and peace fasting brings.

  • I felt the love of the Lord when He answered my prayers and addressed my worries through someone else's testimony.


7




  • I am thankful for inspirational music. The answers to prayers, the peace for the heart, the courage to move forward, and especially the reminders of the things that are the most important, I find these in beautiful inspired music.

  • I felt the love of the Lord today when I contemplated the many steps He took to be sure I had a book I needed at the very time I needed it. His love is miraculous.


8




  • I am grateful that my kids dental cleaning was covered 100% and that they all got a clean bill of health.

  • I know Heavenly Father loves me and is a perfect parent because he did not smite me off the face of the earth for my stubbornness and whiny behavior. (yet anyways)


9




  • I am thankful for friends that become more like family. I'm grateful for the strength I receive to push through fear and uncertainty and for the joy that I find when things work out. I am grateful for the smiles, laughter and support both of my children and husband and that I am able to give to them.

  • Just thinking of and experiencing the things I was grateful for today opened my heart and eyes to feel and see the love of my Heavenly Father. He is truly there.


10




  • I am thankful for the little packet of help that our dear Father send to us. "Most often what we have chosen to do is right. He will confirm the correctness of our choices His way. That confirmation generally comes through packets of help found along the way. We discover them by being spiritually sensitive. They are like little notes from a loving Father as evidence of His approval. If in trust, we begin something which is not right He will let us know before we have gone too far." (Richard G. Scott, Ensign Nov. 1989, 30)

  • I have witnessed the love of our Eternal Heavenly Father today in His direct care and deliverance of these little packets of help. He has personally reached out with his caring arms and carried to me peace and confidence of His way and will. I know He is there. I know He loves me and I know that it is only He that can lift and save and change us. I felt the love of my loving Heavenly Father and I know He would not fail me.


11




  • I am thankful for dear friends and their consoling wards, wisdom, love and support.

  • I felt the love of the Lord and my Father in Heaven like a parent who is intently watching their child struggle waiting for the child to figure it out. I know They are not far from me.


12




  • I am thankful for safety while our family enjoyed our time at Bear Lake.

  • I felt the love of the Lord today while I was running. I was reminded of all the wonderful things and people He puts in my path to help me.


13




  • Today I taught for Russ in Sunday School. I am grateful for the Spirit that taught the class and for the preparation the Lord gave me to be an instrument for Him.

  • I saw the love of the Lord today through the day as I felt His spirit support and guide me.


14




  • I am grateful for the rest I got today. I laid in bed and watched cartoons with the kids telling them what food they could get for themselves. They all seemed to be happy and not starve another thing I am grateful for.

  • I felt the love today through answers of my prayers regarding my kids. I know He loves them too!


15




  • I am grateful for the time I was able to spend with my kids swimming and playing with them.

  • I felt the love of the Lord because He gave me patience!


16




  • I am thankful for the cute and precious moments our kids live. Maya spent an hour doing my hair, putting on pretend make-up, feeding me make believe grapes, cherries and pie. It was hard to call it quits so she could go to bed.

  • I felt the love of the Lord today keeping me going even though I wanted to stop.


17




  • I am grateful for the great spiritual experience's I had today. I someday hope to be able to say that I was grateful for the bad things that happened. I am not there yet.

  • I experienced the love of Heavenly Father today when He answered my prayers. I felt as a child in His loving arms, him soothing and comforting me through my tears and pain. I love imagining myself at his lap. I picture myself as that girl. His child seeking and receiving His love and support. With this vision in mind I don't hold back what I share in my prayers. I know I am heard and loved through it all!

18

  • I am thankful for a lot of things today: Tears, Friends, Dreams, Love, Time with my kids. Tears-because I learned something about myself and my tears. I learned that my tears are like a door to my heart. When I let them flow my heart feels soft and open. When i try to hold them back my heart aches and closes feeling hard and sad.
    Friends-both mine and AJ's. I want so badly that Zach could find a close friend nearby. I am happy that AJ has friends and that she's been blessed with one in particular that both brings her and our family peace and happiness. I am grateful for my friends who encourage and interact with me. I am glad for friends because there are come things I wouldn't do alone but with them I will push myself harder. Dreams-I had a clear happy dream this morning that I hope someday comes true! (that is all I will say about this however someday it may come up again and I will elaborate as to the content of this dream). Love-because I just felt so loved today. Time with my kids-I loved taking then to the pool and driving around with them today. Everyone got along and we truly enjoyed being together.
  • I felt the love of the Lord today as He opened my heart and eyes to see and feel such wonderful things in my little world.

19

  • I am thankful for the success of my run today. I set a personal record for the Hyde Park, This is the Race 5K, finishing in 26:58! That is two minutes off of my time from last year.
  • I felt the love of the Lord as he strengthened my broken heart and gave me reassurance that things will work out.

20

  • I am so grateful for the power that comes from preparing and serving the Lord, to be an instrument and mouthpiece. To bear testimony of the principles of the gospel is a beautiful blessing.
  • I felt the love of the Lord as He blessed the ones I prayed for to receive His light and testimony.

21

  • I am thankful for quiet days of rest. Today was a peaceful unscheduled day when the kids and I could catch up on our sleep.
  • I felt the love of the Lord as He helped to soften my heart and let go of the unkind feelings I had against Russ.

22

  • I am grateful for my wonderful friends who helped me see my blessings today and for the good things that happen in our lives as result of our kindness to others.
  • I felt the love of the Lord today during my many heartfelt communications with Him. The Logan Temple was closed however I drove and parked close by knowing that I could still feel the quiet peace that comes from being at the "Mountain of the Lord".(2 Nephi 12:3, 1 Nephi 17:7, 1 Nephi 21:13) I knew that though I could not go in I could still be in His presence and prayer at the foot of His mountain.

23

  • I am grateful and awed today by the awesomness of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Russ and I went to clean the Odgen wet pack cannery. While we were there I couldn't help but feel so grateful for the opportunity to serve and for the opportunity the church provides for families and individuals to prepare and store and serve others.
  • I felt the love today for the the Lord and His willing sacrifice to save me from my wicked and fallen state. Because my heart was full of love for Him I was able to better recognize His love for me.

24

  • I am thankful for the pioneers. Today our little family packed, purchased and prepared for our first more than one night camping trip. I imagined what it would have taken for a 3 month walk across the plains. I came back to reality embarrassed by my concerns of forgetting something in our over stuffed, comfortable, air conditions, read entertainment center Honda Odyssey. We are so blessed!
  • I felt the love of the Lord today when I read the Talk of the Week article for this week. The lord confirmed to me today his love for me and his other children.

26

  • What am I grateful for today? Plain and simple-HOT and running water!

29

  • I am thankful for how smooth my day went today as apposed to the previous two weeks.
  • I felt the love of the Lord while I studied these scriptures- John 10:3-5, 27. What can I do to know my Shepperd's voice? Knowing his voice will empower me to see his actions in my life and discern those whose only desire is to scatter.

30

  • I am thankful for the one on one time I spent with Maya today. While we were shopping she was singing, "Me and Mommy, Mommy and Maya" over and over again. I can't wait to spend time with each of my children one on one.
  • I felt the love of the Lord in may ways- the peace, joy and synchronicity I experienced.

31

  • Today I am grateful for safety and answered prayers. I am glad I had the chance to come to St. George and visit my family.
  • I've felt the love of the Lord today in the peace I've felt. I've especially loved learning about how to know His voice (The Voice of the Lord-Gerald Lund)

1 comment:

Megan and Jon said...

How wonderful Shantell, Are you doing okay? Anytime you need a listening ear I'm just a blog or email away.

And just so you know because it is nice to hear I think you are delighful, amazing and just a wonderful person who inspires me.Happy day